Senior Software Engineer
Yapta is seeking an experienced Senior Software Engineer, excited by the convergence of technology and travel. As part of an agile development team, you will be building the infrastructure for the FareIQ and RoomIQ price tracking optimization platforms – solutions utilized by some of the biggest travel brands in the world.
- Contribute to an Agile DevOps team, shepherding features through design, development, testing, deployment, and maintenance
- Work with Product and Client Management teams to understand and map business requirements into technical designs and implementations
- Develop unit tests to run in a continuous integration environment
- Communicate potential risks, delays, concerns, and status to development managers and stakeholders
- Identify and implement best practices for coding as well as development processes
- 7+ years of professional engineering experience
- Experience with languages and frameworks such as Python, Java, SQL, Django, and Spring MVC
- Knowledge of REST and SOAP web service design
- Experience with cloud infrastructure and deployments, AWS preferred
- Experience building scalable, performant, and reliable distributed systems
- Strong CS fundamentals including OO design, data structures, multi-threaded programming, and algorithms
- Experience integrating with Global Distribution Systems (GDS) technologies not required, but a strong plus.
How you'll succeed on the team
- You're interested in travel and our customers, and understand how your code impacts the goals of the business
- You're a great developer, but want to learn from others to continually improve
- You excel in small, focused teams where all are contributing to a common goal
- You can take loose requirements, seek out clarification, and make it happen
- You can be your own QA team, producing quality code the first time around
- You thrive and contribute to a positive work environment, where thoughts and suggestions are freely shared
- You know when to call it 'good enough' and ship, and when to put in the extra time to polish
Benefits of working at Yapta
- Competitive compensation and benefits package, including medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 5 weeks of PTO
- Stock options
- Commuter benefits
- Optional WFH Wednesdays
- Stocked fridges, coffee, soda, and snacks
- Regular team activities, including happy hours, Mariners games, ping pong tournaments, etc.
This position is based in Pioneer Square in Downtown Seattle. Candidates must be eligible to work in the US.